2018 Vendor Guidelines
Our mission is to provide a community Market for local artists, farmers, bakers, crafters, makers and entrepreneurs to have an outlet to promote their products; to provide consumers with a choice of quality hand-crafted items and other services; and to provide a central gathering place for local residents and visitors.
March 11 September 9
April 8 October 14
May 6 November 11
June 10 December 9
The Market is from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Become a Vendor
Become a Vendor at The Market at The Pillars! This will become an excellent opportunity for your business. We welcome fun-loving creatives with great entrepreneurial spirit! Vendor Booth Spaces are available both Indoors and Outdoors. Vendors are selected from the order in which we receive applications.
· Artists, Farmers, Bakers, Crafters, Makers, and Entrepreneurs who have a product and the intent to sell.
· A completed Vendor Application. Visit our website, www.thepillarsofmobile.com, to complete the on-line registration form. Photos of your work may be requested.
· You will receive email notification regarding your acceptance to The Market.
· If accepted, you will then receive an online invoice for you to pay for fee.
Vendor Booth Rates Additional Fees
$200 Private Room: Atrium 6’ Table with table cover $20
$100 1/2 Private Room: Atrium (shared) Electricity $25
$100 Private Room No Show Fee $25
$50 Indoor Booth Space (space will fit a 6’ table)
$35 Outdoor Booth Space
· Vendor Applications will be reviewed and accepted in the order in which they are received.
· Space is assigned by the order in which applications are received.
· Only one business per space will be allowed. There will not be any sharing of space unless a fee is paid by each vendor.
· Each category will be limited to vendors of the same type.
· Vendors will receive an email notification of their acceptance to The Market.
· The Pillars reserves the right to accept or decline any application.
· The Pillars is not liable for any lost, damaged, or stolen goods.
· Upon acceptance to participate in The Market, you will receive an Invoice that may be paid online.
· Payment must be received by 5:00 pm on the due date.
· If payment is not received, it will be assumed that you will not be participating and your space will be released.
Payment is non-refundable. Payment is, also, non-transferable to another vendor or another Market date.
Set up / Break Down
· Set Up will begin at 9:00 am on the day of the event.
· Vendors must be ready to sell their goods by 11:45 am.
· Vendors MUST unload their vehicles and move to the vendor parking area after unloading. Vendor Parking will be strictly enforced.
· We ask that you do not breakdown your booth until 4:00 pm at the earliest. If customers are still shopping, we ask that you stay until they have finished. We don’t want you to miss out on any sales!
· All items must be contained within your booth space. Hanging anything on the walls is strictly prohibited.
No Shows / Cancellations
We spend hours promoting your business and dollars advertising for The Market at The Pillars, which in turn brings you business. When you cancel or fail to show up and have not paid us your vendor fee, we have not only lost money, but customers are disappointed. We have also reserved a space for you and have turned other vendors away. We understand things happen, but please notify us as soon as possible if an emergency arises.
· CANCELLATION: the vendor booth fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another date.
· NO SHOW: Failure to show is not acceptable. There are many ways to communicate to us that you will not be able to attend The Market. We have reserved a space for you and most likely, we have turned another vendor away. Failure to show without notifying The Market at The Pillars will result in a No Show Fee. This fee must be paid in advance prior to the next Market. Failure to NO SHOW twice will result in the loss of the Vendor’s eligibility to participate in any future Market events.
Sales Tax / Licenses / Permits
Each Vendor is responsible for collecting his/er own sales tax and obtaining the proper permits and licenses where applicable. Value-added product vendors (Artisan products) are required to collect sales tax and submit to the City of Mobile and any other tax collection agency (County, State, etc.). All food makers are required to have a Cottage License or Health Department Certificate on file.
The Market at The Pillars is a “Rain or Shine” event.
· In case of inclement weather, outdoor vendors will be responsible for providing their own tent for coverage. If space permits, we will attempt to move you inside. If you choose to move inside, the additional $15.00 fee must be paid.
· In case of severe weather, The Market may be cancelled or postponed to another date.
We can not control the weather. We make every effort to accommodate vendors and move them indoors. Again, your vendor fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. We have had some of the best turn out on rainy days!
Our Marketing Team will promote The Market at The Pillars heavily through social media, email blasts, press, and other avenues. We ask that you and your friends follow us on our social media:
FaceBook: The Market at The Pillars
Instagram: The Market at The Pillars
We will do a post for each vendor prior to each Market date. If there is ever anything you want us to promote about your business, please let us know and we will be happy to do so!
We ask that all Vendors utilize their social media outlets and contacts to promote these events, as well. We have marketing postcards available for you to distribute. Just let us know if you’d like some!
By participating in The Market at The Pillars, all Vendors shall be individually and severally responsible for any loss, personal injury, deaths, and/or any other damages that may occur as a result of the Vendor’s negligence or that of its servants, agents or employees. All Vendors hereby agree to indemnify and save Imagine This Events, LLC dba The Pillars harmless from any loss, cost, damages and other expenses, including attorney’s fees, suffered or incurred by Imagine This Events, LLC dba The Pillars, by reason of the Vendor’s negligence or that of its servants, agents or employees.
Heather Pfefferkorn, Owner Day of Event Emergency Contact:
The Pillars Phone: 251.307.5382 The Pillars
1757 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36604
We are extremely busy on Market day and will most likely not see your message.
**please do not email or send Facebook Messages.